Ever wondered how labels and stickers on bottles and other types of containers are made? Through a series of processes, of course. From being blown or cast into plastic, then cut to shape, before having ink filled in and set with exposure to UV light, you can create virtually any kind of label imaginable.
You may come across a labelling machine that places labels or stickers around the container, on the front and back sides or top parts. Labelling is one way of branding and unique identification of any given product.
How Does the Labelling Process Work?
In the production industry, adjusted bottles pass through a pick and pack conveyor – past the capping machine belt – all the way to the labelling section, the product sensors here signal the label head, which dispenses the label onto the container.
There are two types of labelling machines; electric and manual. The electric labelling machines further divide into two categories; automatic and semi-automatic. The latter is a better alternative owing to its economic aspect.
Various Ranges of Bottle Labelling Machines
There is a wide variety of automatic and semi-automatic bottle labelling machines. Each labelling machine model produced has detailed specifications and features for efficiency in packaging processes. While the same technological process and principle technique is the same in the manner of operation of labelling machines, certain features bring about the different ranges present today.
These features that distinguish labelling machines range from;
- Semi-automatic to automatic machines
- Adjustable label dispensing and positioning
- Easy to use control panels
- Container shape and label type
Applications of Bottle Labelling Machines
Bottle labelling processes have a wide range of applications in day to day interactions. From labelling jars, cans and beverage bottles to machine label integration and serial number core processes – there is an endless list of these applications.
Here is a brief outline of the applications of a bottle labelling machine;
- Labelling a beverage bottle – High-tech colour printers place bottle labellers. Beverage industries, wineries and breweries all depend on bottle labelling machines for them to be able to apply and print their labels.
- Can label application – Can labelling is common globally within the food and beverage industries. The cylindrical, wrap-round method comes in during this process.
- Vial labelling – Regardless of size, accurate labelling of vials and the smallest of bottles is possible through machines enhanced with small bottle adaptors.
- Pharmaceutical labelling – Pharmacies and medical institutions use label application processes for equipment labelling of syringes, test tubes, prescription bottles and much more.
- Custom labelling – Production of specially labelled bottles and or containers for individual entities, such as private events or special promotions.
Factors to Consider When Choosing A Bottle Labelling Machine
When looking for the perfect bottle labelling machine, there is a wide range of options to choose from. Here are a few things to keep in mind;
- Easy to use controls
- The quality of components
- Energy-saving options
- Cost of purchase
The best bottle labelling machine process should maintain high-performance levels with minimum time wastage for full effectiveness.